Friday, October 23, 2009

USA USA USA USA

I have arrived.....in NYC.........to the one, the only Katie Commodore....yes this is the coolest name we have ever heard....reminicent of a super hero with a mad mohawk......that K-Pows you with her charm and wit.......



Sunday - freaking out a little that I wouldn't be able to enter the USA USA USA......


I made it.....true to form there was an arguement in the taxi cue...and I suprised my driver by sitting up the front....He later shocked me by recommending International House of Pancakes as a MUST do in NYC....

*IHOP is on the list of never to do for my trip......like the red lobster,....olive garden....applebee's.....and any other places under the umbrella of food served from the box....

All I wanted was a a good meal, a beer and to see a familiar face....
Katie was more of the above.....think champagne.....blue cheese and caramelised onions.....I was last seen with Katie in the cobbled streets of Amsterdam....we were neighbours......everyone should have a Katie.....better then a Charlenne...Paul of Madge....


I then slept.....I slept until 5pm....for 3 days.....I guess after the ordeal of Korea...and exhaustion of the challenge.....I fell into a slumber which wasn't woken by a Jewish Prince(ss) of NYC....but from the need to get out into the city...and see what is happening in the Apple....



I have been in NYC for week now....



And I met with Cynthia Alberto today... and the team, Visnja and
Owyn.....

Cynthia Alberto....textile designer from Phillipines.....member of the Textile Arts Center in Brooklyn....Master of the backstrap loom! and all round funny gal!




After going to the studio today...I feel confident that my plans will be achievable... the team was excited about my ideas and I also was able to take part in the joint effort.....dismantling the 'metaloom'......

I will return to The Textile Arts Center.......Thursday....to start the process......


this blog is to be continued...............





























No comments:

Post a Comment