Monday, December 14, 2009

Honey's I am home

Welcome back I hear you call......its been a long time...and I am sure it was even longer for you!
I have got to give a little update....on what has been happening ....upload a few links....
one nice video from the BC about the Inclusive Design Challenge in Korea

http://www.creativecities.org.uk/sleepless-in-seoul-48-hour-inclusive-design-challenge/

I have been thinking...reflecting on this trip...which has been such a whirlwind for me....I guess that it is the way I like things to work...but maybe it was moving too fast at some points and not fast enough in the others....

Seoul - Perfect....totally perfect....apart from the fact I lost my passport (which has now been returned to the embassy....with all other contents in the wallet) I had a great time!
The challenge was as extreme as our user...and the experience was invaluable! Why? Well.....I learn how to work with a team...and got to see how creatives work within a company and teams...and have realised that all this time as a jeweller..working alone...really challenged how I work...and how I like to work...It took a team experience to realise that I enjoy and always have, being solo.

NYC - Well....apart from having the best galleries and exhibitions on every night...not seeing sleep....I also had my first taste of weaving!
I was involved at the Textile Arts Center in Brooklyn....got to know that the weaving scene in America is on the mend....broke it down in Cynthia, Vis and Owyn.....And also secured a spot in the Programmed Show...which will now be my first NY appearance!

Guatemala - When I got over the shock of leaving one extreme for another....I had a blast....I was able to weave every day....learn some Spanish and really appreciate the craft on this traditional? level. It was so difficult! I wonder if it is possible for the cable to be moved like this?

Sao Paulo, Brazil - Mmmmm could have been better.....All the meetings I had arranged didn't seem to be quite what I expected....Humberto was in Korea...and Fernando is ill...I went to Estudio Campana...had a tour...picked the brains of the people that work for the boys...saw how they were running the 'name' that has become Campana...but nothing like meeting the boys...?
Although I did find Brazil inspiring....I discovered Chita fabrics...the vibrant people and colours...and the street art scene in Sao Paulo is incredible!

I returned home..... to work for Programmed Show......IPOD NECKLACES!



No comments:

Post a Comment